We’ve been offering critiques for some time now . . . and clients have been excited about the help they have received.
How about you? Could you benefit from a professional critique of your manuscript?
Perhaps you have completed your first draft . . . but you don’t know where to go from here. Maybe you are stuck part way through writing your book. Or perhaps you need some professional guidance before you pay for editing or send your work to an agent or publisher. A critique can help you!
The CES editors on our critiquing team thrive on helping authors excel.
What can you expect?
Our critiquing team is made up of CES professional Christian editors who thrive on helping authors excel. The editor who works with you will read your manuscript in detail and prepare a two to four page project evaluation that includes the following:
- Book synopsis: The editor will summarize your book in a paragraph, highlighting main ideas and themes. This step will help you determine whether your manuscript effectively conveys what you intend.
- Strengths and concerns: The editor will highlight your strengths as a writer and will identify the best part(s) of your book while also pointing out major issues that might hinder its overall impact.
- Observations and revision guides: The editor will address your book’s specific developmental needs, offering general insight into how to correct overall issues in flow, content completion, and character development. This is not an edit. A critique is only a guide to make sure you are headed in the right direction.
- Simple changes: The editor will offer a list of easy adjustments you can make to prepare your manuscript for market.
- Trade helps: The editor will provide software shortcuts to help build your confidence for the revision process and will identify which editing service(s) might best meet your project’s needs.
Interested? Please email me at karen@ChristianEditingServices.com or contact me here.